I'm a software developer at Ramsey Solutions (opens new window) building mobile apps and web APIs. I'm also an experienced technical writer with prolific contributions to internal documentation.
# Contact Info
- Phone: 703-853-0203
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanbrookepayne (opens new window)
- GitHub: https://github.com/ryanbrookepayne (opens new window)
# Professional Summary
- Full stack software developer with broad language and framework experience
- Technical writer with prolific contributions to internal documentation
- High ranking Stack Overflow member
- Open source contributor
- Published blog author
# Job Experience
|Job Title||Employer||Date Range|
|Developer III||Ramsey Solutions (opens new window)||June 2018 - Present|
|Developer II||Ramsey Solutions (opens new window)||January 2018 - June 2018|
|Senior Web Developer||Lewis Communications (opens new window)||March 2017 - December 2017|
|Web Developer||Caddis* (opens new window) / Lewis Communications (opens new window)||July 2015 - March 2017|
|Web Designer/Developer||The A Group (opens new window)||May 2013 - July 2015|
|Production Assistant||Chapel Springs Church (opens new window)||July 2012 - May 2013|
|Web Designer/Developer||Cstraight Media (opens new window)||February 2012 - July 2012|
*Caddis acquired by Lewis Communications.
# Technical Knowledge
- Frameworks: Xamarin, .NET, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Yii, jQuery, Vue.js, SASS, LESS
- Content Management Systems: Magnolia, Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS
# Notable Projects
# EveryDollar Xamarin Rebuild
I was the tech lead on a project that rebuilt the EveryDollar budgeting app from native (iOS/Android) to Xamarin. EveryDollar is in the top 100 (#90) of finance apps in the Apple App Store and has over 1 million downloads on the Google Play Store.
# Ramsey Solutions Blog Rebuild and Migration
I was part of a team that rebuilt and migrated the Ramsey Solutions personal finance blog (2,500+ articles) from an internal legacy system to the Magnolia enterprise content management system. The blog is viewed by millions of users each month.
# Ramsey Solutions E-Commerce Store Rebuild
I was part of a team that rebuilt the Ramsey Solutions personal finance e-commerce store from a legacy system to the Magnolia enterprise content and product management platform. The store sells personal finance books, classes, live events, and more.
# Java/Spring Boot REST APIs
I delivered features and bug fixes for multiple Java/Spring Boot web APIs. The APIs included:
- Financial Peace Class API: Personal finance education API that stores and manages class and student data
- Referral Platform API: Customer referral API that sends potential customers to real estate, investment, and tax professionals
- Email API: Global email API that delivers marketing emails to customers through plain text, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or ExactTarget
- Lead API: Marketing lead API that captures and processes marketing leads
- Demographics API: API that determines cost of living for a given zip code in the United States
- Baby Steps API: API that manages a user's financial status (Baby Step)
# Internal Documentation Platform
I led the build and maintenance of an internal developer documentation platform inspired by the Spotify and AWS documentation platforms.
# Postman Enterprise API Tool
I lead procurement of the Postman enterprise API tool for Ramsey Solutions. I wrote the proposal and presented my findings before the technology executive team to gain budget approval.
# James Madison University
- B.S. in Media Arts and Design
- Major: Interactive Media
- Minor: Music Industry
- Cumulative GPA: 3.8
- Graduated with honors: Magna Cum Laude